Pages

Thursday, October 17, 2013

Update 10/17/13

Here are a few updates from choir this week:
 
Election Results
It was a busy rehearsal on Tuesday. With the most excitement being our choir presidency elections. Here are the results:
 
President: Sydney N.
Vice President: Madylaine J.
Secretary: Ainsley F.
 
Congrats to them and a big thank you to all those who ran!
 
Solo Auditions
On Tuesday, we also discussed solo auditions which will be on October 29. I have included tracks and sheet music for each solo as well as the descant. We will not be spending time during rehearsal learning these solos. So if your choir member would like to audition on the 29th, please have them listen to the practice tracks at home and be prepared on the 29th.
 
Piano Duet
If any of our choir members are budding pianists, I have an opportunity for them. I have included some sheet music of a bell part from one of our songs on the Practice Tracks tab. What I would love to see is one of our choir members playing that part on the piano in the highest octave possible on the piano. I will begin "auditioning" choir members for this part after November 12 when our accompanist begins to join us. Once again, all practicing and learning of this piano part will need to be done at home.
 
Participation Contract Reminder
This is just a friendly reminder to everyone about the Attendance & Participation Contract that everyone signed on the registration form. One of the points on the contract states that it is the choir parent's responsibility to arrange rides to and from rehearsals/classes and performances. I don't want to make a big deal about this, and I know there are extenuating circumstances; but I am not able to leave the school until every child has been accounted for. More often than not, that gets me home about 20-25 minutes after the rehearsal ends. For those who come to pick up their choir member from rehearsal, if you could please try your best to be at the school to pick your child up promptly at 4:45 pm, I will do my best to get them out the door right on time as well.
 
Whew! That's all for this week. I hope everyone is having a safe and enjoyable Fall Break!

No comments:

Post a Comment