Pages

Thursday, September 26, 2013

Marcato Update - 9/26/13

We had a great rehearsal on Tuesday and I'm already hearing some great things in choir! Everyone is working hard and learning a lot! (and hopefully having a lot of fun, too!)
 
Just a couple of little things:
 
1. Practice TracksI have just added a tab to this website called "Practice Tracks." On this page, I have links to or recordings of some of our songs so that choir members can practice them at home. I will be adding things in the next few weeks as well, so check it often.
 
2. Choir Attendance: Many parents have spoken to me about some conflicts that their choir member has during choir time. I understand how busy everyone is, and I don't want anyone to miss out on being part of choir if they want to be there; however, it is also important that choir members attend rehearsals regularly in order to learn the concert material. So if your child has a conflict with choir, for example Activity Day Groups, that do not occur every week, please let me know so that I know when to expect them at choir. I will ask that those who have conflicts be sure to listen to the Practice Tracks and pay extra close attention during choir rehearsals so that they don't fall behind. As the concert approaches, if I feel that your child is not quite ready to perform, I will contact you and we can discuss it, and if needed they will not perform with us for that particular performance. I may also ask that those choir members miss their other activity as we get closer to concert time and we are making final preparations, but we'll cross that bridge when we come to it. I hope you all understand what I'm saying. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact me.
 
That is all for today. Have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment