Pages

Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Marcato On the Move - Update 1/4/12

I can already tell that this is going to be a great season!! The theme I have chosen for the season is "On the Move!" We had a great first rehearsal yesterday and accomplished a lot. There are a few items of business that we talked about at rehearsal yesterday that I need to pass along to you:

1 - Performance 1/31 - Morgan Elementary School has asked us to be part of their "Celebration of the Arts" assembly on January 31. I do not have the exact times yet, but they hold the assembly at two different times during the day (one in the morning and one in the afternoon) to accommodate all of the children in the school. I have talked to Mr. Wolff at MES and he will excuse all choir members from his school for both assemblies. I will be talking to Mr. Madeo at the Middle School about excusing the choir members for one or both of the assemblies. However, since there is an element of travel for the students at MGES, I will need those parents to talk to Mr. Murdock about excusing their child during at least one of the performance times. As soon as I find out the exact times, I will pass them along to you.

2 - Choir Presidency - We will be electing a new choir presidency on January 17. If your child would like to be considered for choir president or secretary, they need to send me a short write-up about why they would like to be in the presidency. This needs to be completed and to me prior to rehearsal on January 17. Here are the requirements for the presidency:
President:
-Be in either 5th or 6th grade.
-Arrive 5-10 minutes early to assist the conductor with room & music folder preparation.
-Act as a role model and leader to other choir mates.
-Serve on the Activities Committee (with a parent) to plan choir parties and events.
-Help conductor as needed.
Secretary
-Those running for secretary can be any age.
-Take attendance at each rehearsal.
-Help conductor collect music folders after each rehearsal.
-Help conductor as needed.

3 - Calendar - I have attached a rehearsal schedule and performance calendar to this email. It can also be found on our website. Please refer to it so that your child will be at each rehearsal. I will also be posting it on our choir website, and will be making changes and additions to it on the website.

4 - Choir Website - Our choir website is http://morganvalleychildrenschoir.blogspot.com/ Please check it often for updates. I will be sending out emails with important information, but for the latest news and information, please check the website. 

Thank you for signing your child up for our choir. I am really looking forward to this season! As always, if you have any questions, please don't hesitate to contact me.

No comments:

Post a Comment